“My image is who I am, and even if I don’t always love it, I am intrigued by it, and I find the changes interesting.” – DVF
Today I felt melanin was necessary, and I just want to keep it real with you guys this summer. Today I woke up with a grateful heart, grateful that I have both of my legs, grateful that my organs work perfectly, grateful that emotionally I am strong, grateful that I am black and beautiful. All the little things we take for granted every day. I wanted to share a few body positivity bars and I think i’m just in time for Spring / Summer – the seasons where clothes become shorter, where less is more and the body demands to be flaunted – allow your greatness to develop, stay at it and don’t give up on it. Black beauty is so often criticized to the extent that as a black strong and independent women you question it. Who do we blame at this point Will we ever be enough, I say yes as long as we are proud members. it is the year 2017 and we as black people are still struggling because the society remains one that is not accepting of us I want us to step up to the crisis by appreciating ourselves.
The things we need to realize are that:
- You were built in God’s image, therefore by questioning that you’re questioning God’s creation.
- ‘No amount of physical beauty will ever be as valuable as a beautiful heart’ – Tumblr
This season I am focusing on loving my body and embracing every feature both good and bad. I am doing away with unrealistic goals that set me up for failure and disappointment. Under the influence of a world that doesn’t recognize or value diversity, diversity of size, race. We are all so quick to judge peoples appearances and I am guilty of this too and for me I I have always done that because of my own insecurities but in 2017 I have come to understand that there’s no wrong way to have a body. The other day I found myself asking — > How do you want to feel this spring /summer Cwayita? and my response was – as comfortable as can be. I want to be as happy with my body as can be. My biggest challenge right now is toning up – but I am a functioning human being that is healthy and happy so I have that to be happy about. These are all amazing little details that you might overlook, but they all contribute to who you are and what makes you great.
A few questions you should ask yourself and a few things to remind yourself daily about:
- What are the names you have been called that relate to your body?
- How do you see yourself when you look in the mirror ?
- How can I have a good body image when society’s view of my size is so negative?
- What are three things you like about the way you look?
- In what ways do you take care of your body and keep it healthy?
- What makes a girl or woman beautiful to you?
- Best body I can possibly have
- NB to work out and eat healthy to regain that confidence and having the stamina to enjoy life.
Grateful for small mercies – my number one law to self-preservation.
Today I can honestly say I feel like magic and that hasn’t been the case in a long time. Today consider all the unique details about your appearance that you have fallen in love with.
As your day comes to an end show gratitude to everything you have and you will know how blessed you are to focus on the things of the world.
Today I feel most myself.